Sumary of My (COVID-19) Positive Experience Cruising To Iceland On Viking Sky Last Week:
- Here’s why: Viking ships feature the only full-scale PCR labs at sea so they can test passengers on board every .
- They’ve spent the past year and a half creating the only full-scale testing labs at sea, putting them into place on every one of their ships (not an inexpensive undertaking) along with health and safety protocols that are setting the gold standard for cruising during these unsettling times.
- Any ship that allows children under 12 – Viking doesn’t allow anyone under 18 – doesn’t want to risk losing families and that age group hasn’t been cleared for the vaccine yet.
- Every evening, our stateroom attendant left test tubes for us to fill with saliva before breakfast the next morning.
- Masks – which were left in our stateroom for us along with small bottles of hand sanitizer – are required in all public areas except when you’re eating or if you’re on an outdoor deck.
- A few minutes later, the Captain explained that Iceland’s Coast Guard was refusing to let the ship in even though it had been cleared by Icelandic Public Health.