Sumary of What To Expect From Onboard Shopping Now That Cruise Trips Are Back:
- Some of the novelties include jeweler Bvlgari’s first pop-up concept at sea on Virgin Voyages’ new adult-focused vessel Scarlet Lady, and a three-floor high interactive ‘retailtainment’ space at the heart of MSC Seashore’s new Times Square shopping and entertainment concept.
- On the purpose-built expedition vessel, Crystal Endeavor, which sailed from Reykjavík, Iceland in July, high-end items were hand-picked.
- Crystal Cruises is targeting the top end of the expedition market and president Jack Anderson wanted a retail program to match—and which he feels he got.
- “The products onboard significantly strengthen our new standard of luxury expedition cruising,” he said.
- Commenting on the MSC Seashore offer, head of retail Adrian Pittaway said: “With 75% more retail space than onboard (sister ship) MSC Seaside, our new stores are designed to be open and welcoming.
- ” Pulling power: The retail space on MSC Seashore has a wow factor.