Sumary of Where to find some cool travel escapes in the blazin’ hot summer:
- Keep in mind all the cautionary guidance about travel — especially if you’re not fully vaccinated or you’re crossing international borders.
- Fabrice Coffrini/AFP/Getty ImagesShould the major cities such as Geneva, Zurich and Bern become too hot for you (which is unlikely, especially at night), escape to the higher altitudes for an Alpine hike.
- Brontë Wittpenn/The San Francisco Chronicle/Getty Images”The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.
- Anchorage, AlaskaA cool sight: Spencer Glacier in Chugach National Forest.
- Sven-Erik Arndt/Arterra/Universal Images Group/Getty ImagesWith a name like Iceland, you’d better be cool — unless you’re near a lava flow or soaking in a hot spring.
- When you’re rolling in oil money, you can build a mammoth indoor ski park and draw folks from all over the world.