Sumary of Europe’s finest al fresco dining spots for this summer:
- (CNN) — Few experiences herald the joys of summer living like eating and drinking outdoors, or dining al fresco as Italians call it, literally “in the open air.
- Courtesy Splendido Mare PortofinoIn the place that gave us the phrase al fresco, few dining vistas are as iconic or sought-after as those overlooking the waters of the Mediterranean.
- It’s also home to Splendido Mare, a Belmond Hotel that’s just opened a new restaurant called DaV Mare in partnership with Italian culinary powerhouse Da Vittorio Group.
- +44 15394 88600Yannick Alléno à l’Hôtel Hermitage Monte-CarloYannick Alléno à l’Hôtel Hermitage Monte-Carlo: Millionaires’ playground view.
- Courtesy Yannick Alléno à l’Hôtel Hermitage Monte-CarloThe storied Hôtel Hermitage Monte-Carlo already had one of the most striking terraces on the French Riviera, but the arrival of new superstar chef Yannick Alléno has raised the bar still higher for lucky gastronomes in the Principality of Monaco.
- The Marker Rooftop Bar and Terrace, DublinAll-round view: Dublin’s Marker Rooftop BaruCourtesy The Marker Rooftop Bar and TerraceDublin’s Docklands area around Grand Canal Square reflect the vitality of an area known as Silicon Docks due to its growth as the Irish capital’s tech hub, with social media and search engines at every turn.