Sumary of Foreign vaccinations will be recognised later this summer, says minister:
- People who have been vaccinated abroad will be able to visit the UK from “amber list” countries later this summer, the transport secretary has said.
- While dozens of overseas countries accept NHS vaccination certification, the UK will not recognise immunisation of people abroad.
- “Of course with the UK vaccination programme you are able to demonstrate your vaccination status very easily.
- “Once you’ve been fully vaccinated [the NHS app] gives you a certificate that you can show on screen or download.
- “The next stage is to recognise apps or certification from other countries.” Mr Shapps said the US had “50 different systems, one for each state, largely paper based” and that it was “easier done from some places like the EU where they have a digital app coming along”.
- The EU digital covid certificate has been in operation everywhere except Ireland since the start of July.