Sumary of A Dozen Wines From Six Producers In Three Italian Regions:
- Tuscan vines, Italy getty Both Tuscany—located in central/northern Italy—and the island of Sicily— southernmost in the country—share sun-drenched vintages that generally produce rich, hearty, full bodied red wines.
- Friuli—further north than both these regions—produces scintillating whites awash with florals, freshness and minerality.
- Pair with sausage risotto, roasted spare ribs in red wine sauce or a dessert of Italian carrot cake.
- Pair with charcuterie, Tuscan roasted chicken alla contadina, or a dessert of espresso cookies.
- (And pairing with cinghiale wild boar while in Tuscany is always a winner.
- ) The ancient but renovated village of Il Borro, Tuscany getty Petruna.