Sumary of Cruise passengers test positive for Covid-19 in Italy:
- The pair were traveling on the MSC Seaside cruise ship and disembarked with their families in Syracuse, Sicily, on Tuesday, MSC told CNN on Wednesday..
- The cruise had previously docked in Malta but the passengers were forbidden to disembark as the ship only made a “technical”.
- call, according to the cruise operator, which would not disclose the nationality nor the total number of passengers on board..
- All passengers traveling with MSC must have a Covid-19 test 96 hours before departure, another when they embark, and a third during the cruise..
- Luca Biondolillo, chief communications officer of MSC Cruise, said that three of the company’s vessels are currently at sea, a number due increase to eight by August..
- In August 2020, MSC cruises was the first major cruise line to resume sailing in Europe after the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic subsided..
- The cruise line has been running Italian sailings on and off since then, and recently launched the UK’s first cruise in over a year…