Sumary of Suffering from sticker shock? Here are 3 things you shouldn’t buy now while prices are high:
- (In other words, as the economy picks up, so will inflation.) In other cases, supply chain setbacks have put a strain on certain goods, which is also driving prices higher, but only temporarily..
- More from Personal Finance:Prices are going up — here what inflation means to youFighting inflation with a reverse mortgageInflation worries?.
- Home renovations Anyone that’s considering a bathroom remodel or kitchen renovation will see dramatically higher prices for raw materials..
- As a result, nearly half of all builders say they are adding escalation clauses to their sale prices because of rising material costs, according to a recent survey from the National Association of Home Builders..
- Travel Domestic airfares are up 9% since April 1 while international fares are up 17%, according to recent research from Bernstein..
- Hotel rates are also higher and have even surpassed pre-pandemic prices in some popular destinations, according to travel booking technology company Koddi..
- High consumer demand along with a manufacturing shortage of microchips — key parts needed for today’s autos to operate — have squeezed new-car inventory at dealerships across the country…