Sumary of The Latest: Virus cases surging in Italy; Euro 2020 link:
- ROME — Daily new caseloads of confirmed COVID-19 infections are surging in Italy.
- Health experts say it’s clear that nationwide celebrations by Italian fans after European Championship soccer matches are a significant factor.
- A pediatric specialist who advises Italy’s government on anti-pandemic health measures told La Repubblica daily in an interview Sunday that “the gatherings and the crowding favored the viral circulation.
- com/hub/coronavirus-vaccine___HERE’S WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING:LONDON — British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will spend 10 days self-isolating after contact with a confirmed coronavirus case.
- Johnson met Friday with Health Secretary Sajid Javid, who later tested positive for COVID-19. Contacts of positive cases usually have to self-isolate for 10 days.
- Johnson’s office initially said the prime minister would instead take a daily coronavirus test as part of a pilot project.