Sumary of Why Is This Glacier Under Blankets? A New Exhibit Presents Innovative Ways For People To Nurture Nature:
- Describing climate care as “a new mindset and ideal starting point for developing a common future for our planet Earth that goes beyond the merely human,”.
- Thomas Wrede Even if the mindset is new, and the tools from Sichuan are of recent construction, the conceptual foundations of climate care are deeply rooted..
- Published in 1971 with an image of Earth from space on the cover – and enthusiastically embraced by the environmentalist counterculture – The Last Whole Earth Catalog is the most relevant of these historical sources..
- The Last Whole Earth Catalog and the editions that came before and after it have been described as predecessors to the World Wide Web (or “sort of like Google in paperback”, as Steve Jobs said in 2005), but the best characterization is to be found in the slogan:.
- For instance, in a recent project titled The New Age of Trichology, the designer Sanne Visser shows how recycled human hair – a massive amount of which is buried in landfill every year – can readily be spun to make dog leashes, bottle holders, and bosun chairs..
- From this perspective, climate care amounts to caring for the environment by making the most of resources to decrease waste and address the double bind of industrialized manufacturing and industrial-strength pollution..
- Even if making a platinum blonde bosun chair won’t save the world, it might just lead to eco-frugality as a way of life..
- Practiced at using tools that dispense with heavy industry, people have the potential to become environmentally careful….