Sumary of World’s Best Skiing: Your Perfect Ultimate Ski Trip For This Winter:
- The Dolomite mountains of Italy are a geologically unique UNESCO World Heritage Site, famed for .
- A premature end to the 2019-2020 season was one of the first travel casualties as the pandemic began, and in many places the entire 2020-2021 winter was a washout.
- com I’ve been to this part of Italy twice in recent years, summer and winter, and am increasingly becoming convinced that it is not only one of the world’s best ski destinations (and I’ve skied all over the world), but for Americans also one of the most overlooked.
- Bigger is not necessarily better when it comes to skiing, but it doesn’t hurt, and there is no bigger ski “resort” anywhere on the planet than Dolomiti Superski.
- While they get a lot of snow, reliably early enough that this has become an important mid-December stop on the World Cup circuit, the Dolomites also boast some of Europe’s best snowmaking – just in case.
- Cortina d’Ampezzo is the most famous ski town in Italy and co-host of the 2026 Winter Olympic Games.