Sumary of Manchester Airport prepares to debut new terminal facility:
- Manchester Airport has confirmed the first passengers will pass through its new Terminal Two extension on Wednesday.
- The extended terminal is the centrepiece of MAG’s £1 billion Manchester Airport Transformation Programme (MAN-TP), which was first announced in 2015.
- TUI will operate flights from the terminal from July 15th, with services to a range of destinations including green-listed Malta and Madeira.
- Karen Smart, managing director of Manchester Airport, said: “After a long wait, we are delighted to confirm the first passengers will be able to enjoy our new Terminal Two this week.
- “It is a proud milestone for our airport as we begin to emerge from the restrictions brought about by the Covid-19 crisis, and an important moment in our 83-year history.
- “This project was always about offering the modern airport experience that families and businesses across the north deserve as they travel through their international gateway to the world, and our new terminal certainly delivers on that goal.