Sumary of Simon Calder’s latest expert answers to 24 of your June traffic light travel questions:
- On the evening of 10 June, though, he paused his galactic meanderings to answer your pressing travel issues live for an hour..
- But then Portugal, which had seen a modest increase in cases, was moved straight from the green to the amber list..
- The decision left those travellers, airlines and holiday firms who had mistakenly put their faith in the green watchlist feeling foolish and confused..
- Furthermore, the decision not to move Malta from amber to green – despite compelling evidence that it should be on the lowest-risk register – suggests a very hard line is being taken at the heart of government..
- Paul has spent the past 15 months assiduously analysing the data, and therefore his comments deserve attention..
- A cynical political calculation might regard the damage wrought upon people hopes, dreams and livelihoods as unfortunate collateral for a gain in support..
- Do you know where I can access the 14-day cases/100,000 statistic for the individual Islands, and in your learned opinion, would we be better of moving to August to stand a much better chance of Corfu being on the green list?.
- But once large-scale tourism begins to those key destinations, the possibility diminishes to almost zero – the systems in the UK couldn’t cope….