Sumary of How Some Americans Could Be Eligible For Italian Citizenship:
- Arguably, this was true for many Americans with Italian heritage for whom the pandemic seems to have acted as a catalyst to apply for recognition of their Italian citizenship by descent..
- In fact, according to Italian Citizenship Assistance, a company that specializes in this area, the year 2020 witnessed an unprecedented surge of such Italian citizenship applications, which increased by 400% compared to 2019..
- Among the issues that might have motivated many such American applicants were the growing inequality of wealth in the United States, the prevalence of gun violence, and environmental and health concerns, not to mention the uncertainty surrounding the U.S..
- getty However, it must be said that Italian citizenship is also attractive on its own, for a number of reasons..
- Some of these include low cost and high-quality universal health care, affordable university tuition fees, a competitive real estate market and the right to work, study and reside in any EU member state..
- An applicant can acquire Italian citizenship by jure sanguinis (by right of blood – or descent), citizenship by marriage or citizenship by residence..
- Marriage and residence are self-explanatory and need little further elaboration, but citizenship by descent may be of more interest..
- Italian Citizenship By Descent Eligibility for citizenship by descent is dependent on whether the Italian ancestor through whom an individual is claiming citizenship was ever naturalized, and if the naturalization occurred after or before the child birth abroad….