Sumary of Mushroom farms, Swedish forests and naughty Italian sculptures – has Expo 2020 Dubai been worth the wait?:
- In the last month alone, the glittering Emirate launched Deep Dive Dubai, the world’s deepest swimming pool, shortly followed by the tallest Ferris wheel – almost double the height of the London Eye.
- Launched with the intention of showcasing innovations, the world’s first Great Exhibition was hosted in London’s Crystal Palace in 1851. Since then, the event has been responsible for some landmark inventions.
- The Al Wasl Dome (Expo 2020 Dubai/PA)Hosting 191 countries, this is the biggest Expo ever held.
- A 3D printed version of David at the Italian Pavilion (Mohammad Shahrooei/Expo 2020 Dubai/PA)Equally concerned with environmental issues, another must-see comes from the Netherlands, who’ve transformed their pavilion into a mushroom farm.
- Expect dishes that glow in the dark and rare ingredients sourced from newly-cultivated plants.
- TODO: define component type factboxLess whacky but equally original, African food hall Alkebulan features dishes, music and art from across the continent.