Sumary of Review: One&Only Portonovi Resort (Montenegro), a PHENOMENAL resort:
- With its spacious rooms, suites, and villas, Riviera-style dining helmed by Michelin-starred Chef Giorgio Locatelli, and idyllic location at the secluded entrance to Boka Bay (which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site), this 60-acre retreat is a must-stay for discerning travelers.
- Guests of One&Only Portonovi can journey between the many secluded beaches and ancient towns that have preserved their original architecture and charm with the resort’s own private boat.
- Throughout his design, Gathy kept three words in mind – luxury, space and privacy to ensure ultimate luxury is provided to One&Only’s guests.
- Above the heads of guests hangs a canopy of hand-blown glass in smokey, amber tones fixed to a network of intertwining branches that form the shape of a mimosa tree, from which Montenegro’s eponymous national flower sprouts.
- Floor-to-ceiling sliding windows – designed to maximize the views of the bay – gave way to an outdoor patio with views of the beach club and bay, fostering an open feeling.
- Those in search of ultimate privacy will find it at the blissfully secluded Villa Rumija.