Sumary of Green list travel: Is a round-trip to Madeira worth the hassle?:
- In these Covid times, preparation begins 72 hours before departure, taking a Fit to Fly PCR test – the first of a trio of tests required for my round-trip.
- The hassle of arranging them – not to mention the expense – was a little off-putting, but TUI has teamed up with testing partner Chronomics to offer customers Covid test packages.
- At Hotel Riu Palace Madeira, in the south-east coastal town of Canico de Baixo, the staff greeted us warmly.
- In the evening, we were treated to a sublime meal and glorious views of the harbour at renowned interior designer Nini Andrade Silva’s stylishly cool Design Centre Restaurant in Funchal.
- Covid rules meant a maximum five people per table, and we had to abide by a 11pm curfew.