Sumary of US UK travel corridor: Will Biden and Boris agree to lift travel ban? ‘Matter of priority’:
- But on Thursday, Mr Biden and Mr Johnson are expected to agree to launch a taskforce, which will make recommendations on safely restarting international travel between the UK and the US..
- International Trade Minister Greg Hands confirmed on Thursday that the UK and US are looking to find a way transatlantic travel can resume after months of restrictions due to COVID-19..
- “Restrictions on transatlantic travel are costing the UK £23 million each day and, despite one of the highest vaccination rates globally, the UK is now falling behind the EU’s reopening..
- “Jobs won’t be saved, nor livelihoods protected until we are given a certainty on dates for the resumption of international travel.”.
- The news international travel could resume last month was met with delight by holidaymakers, but many were disappointed when only a select number of holiday destinations featured on the green list..
- Portugal’s removal from the green list last week prompted an exodus of tourists from the region, as people rushed to avoid the mandatory 10-day quarantine imposed on people returning from amber listed countries to the UK….