Sumary of Brit slams green list tests as way for Government to ‘make money’ – ‘wouldn’t do it again’:
- Emma and her friends made the last-minute decision to switch their long weekend holiday booking from Ibiza to Gibraltar after it became clear Spain would not make it onto the green list.
- “We had kind of heard the rumours popping up on Twitter and said: ‘Should we do it?’ “We just switched everything before the actual announcement came out, but within 24 hours of that announcement, there wasn’t a single hotel room left in Gibraltar.
- READ MORE:Spain quarantine rules backlash: ‘Avoid Spain at all costs’ To travel back to the UK from a green list country, arrivals must take a COVID-19 test within 72 hours before departure – a rule the women were prepared for.
- Yet, according to Emma, it seems the Government are keen to “make money” from these rules.
- A lot of people were moaning.” Emma, who is fully vaccinated, says it is these costly requirements that make holidays in the near future out of reach for many, including herself.
- “For a weekend trip, I probably wouldn’t do it again.