Sumary of British expat in Spain forced to demolish home of 17 years and even faces prison:
- He built a house in the Spanish city 17 years ago but has only recently found out that it should not have been built in the first place..
- The Englishman Spanish neighbour, Irene Millan, was also ordered to demolish her house at the time, but both waited for more details from the municipality..
- The couple lived together in their Malaga home for 17 years, and Mr Davey said they thought they had done “everything right at the time”..
- The lawyer at the time, from legal firm Manzanares, told the couple that planning permission would be applied for as an “almacen”, or warehouse..
- Mr Davey current lawyer is now trying to get his jail sentence suspended, while the British man must finally knock down his home…