Sumary of Spain: Free Covid travel insurance offered to UK tourists – full list of regions:
- Some regions in Spain are offering free insurance to tourists who get COVID-19 while on holiday in a bid to entice holidaymakers to go.
- Related articles For anyone considering visiting Spain or anyone currently soaking up the Spanish sunshine, if you develop COVID-19 symptoms you are required to self isolate in your accommodation and avoid physical contact with other people.
- Tourists must then contact the health authorities of the region they are in and based on their evaluation of symptoms, they will decide whether the person in question has to take a COVID-19 test.
- For anyone staying in the Valencia region, hotels have set up self-isolation rooms for tourists who develop COVID-19 to stay in.
- Andalusia, the Balearic Islands, the Canary Islands, Galicia and Murcia are the regions that have so far signed contracts with private insurance companies to provide travel insurance to tourists who fall ill with COVID-19 while visiting.
- Spain: Free insurance to tourists who get Covid – find out which region qualifies (Image: GETTY)What are the requirements of each region and what is covered?