Sumary of Spain holidays: Mallorca to open all hotels despite travel list uncertainty:
- Over 95 percent of hotels in Palma de Mallorca will be open by end of June, according to the city hotel association..
- Despite being Spain on the amber list, the Balearic Islands have seen thousands of Britons arriving this last week..
- The Canary and the Balearics Islands have asked the Government to be treated separately and to be added to the green list even if mainland Spain doesn’t make it..
- Although the Government is considering all the options, according to reports, some of Britain favourite island holiday destinations, including Ibiza and Mallorca, could stay on the amber list..
- “There are fears that opening up to hugely popular destinations like the Balearics would overwhelm Border Force while the 100 percent passenger location form checks remain in place.”.
- Just a few days ago, controversial images were seen at Palma Airport with agglomerations of passengers waiting for passport control..
- Mallorca remains positive about the UK Government plans and has decided to reopen almost all the hotels in the island..
- Business owners in Mallorca are anxiously waiting to see what happens next week and whether the Balearic Islands are finally included on the green list so Britons can avoid quarantine when they come back….