Sumary of Texas’ Only Five-Star Chef Shares His Favorite Cookbooks And Comfort Food:
- At The Little Nell, Zachary Ladwig cooked up several dishes, including chicken (right).
- Jamie Jaye Fletcher Zachary Ladwig, executive chef at The Inn at Dos Brisas, Texas’ only Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant, recently ventured to The Little Nell Culinary Fest to kick off summer in Aspen with a lineup of standout chefs (including Josh Holt from Rancho Valencia Resort &
- Ladwig — who has worked at fine-dining spots like The Broadmoor’s Penrose Room in Colorado Springs and now-shuttered restaurants Bouley and Gordon Ramsay at the London in New York — won over festival attendees at the first dinner with a succulent Duclair duck sweetened with preserved peaches and ginger.
- Ladwig also shared what to expect when the nine-room Inn at Dos Brisas reopens (it’s temporarily closed because of the pandemic), along with the cookbooks he’s reading right now and his go-to comfort food.
- MORE FOR YOU Chef Ladwig made shrimp roe gnocchi with Texas tarragon at the festival.
- Jamie Jaye Fletcher What do you like to eat at home?
- Jamie Jaye Fletcher When you are not cooking, what kind of activities do you like to do?
- I have the entire collection of Robert Laffont cookbooks [called Les Recettes Originales] from the early ’80s — that’s with all the two- and three-Michelin-star French chefs.