Sumary of These are officially the 10 best tortillas served in Spain:
- These are the questions that continue to divide Spanish society when it comes to Spain’s unofficial national dish – tortilla.
- But however you like your tortilla, a recent competition has determined which are the ten best tortillas served in bars and restaurants across Spain.
- The 14th edition of Spain’s Tortilla de Patata championship took place in Alicante on September 24 where judges determined the rankings and this year the top prize was awarded jointly to chefs who used onion in their recipes.
- The top prize was scooped by tortilla served in La Encina Bar Restaurant in Palencia (Castilla y Leon) and in Cañadío restaurant in the northern Spanish city of Santander (Cantabria).
- Bar Restaurante La Encina, Palencia La Encina tortilla – La Encina FacebookThe tortilla served in this Castilla y Leon restaurant has scooped the top prize at the Tortilla Championships four times!
- Cañadio, SantanderLa Cañadio tortilla – La Cañadio FacebookThis 36-year-old restaurant in Cantabria offers more than just an award winning tortilla, it is also known for its sumptuous cheesecakes and mouth watering mains.