Sumary of Travel Trends In Scandinavia: Nature As New Luxury Travel:
- Within Scandinavia, luxury experiences in nature and more individualized travel and accommodation options are among the trends set to grow as tourists look for a deeper experience beyond a city break.
- Nature as the new luxury Satu Vänskä-Westgarth from travel agency 50 Degrees North says that the entire Nordic region is well-placed to capitalize on a shift to more premium experiences in nature: “When people talk about luxury in the traditional sense, it’s all the bells and whistles and fancy things.
- “People really want to not only tick items off their list, but also learn and interact with the locals and the local environment,” she says.
- Universal Images Group via Getty Images Jenny Jonevret, senior project manager for Visit Sweden’s sustainable nature tourism program, said nature tourism will become more popular “as a way to disconnect from technology and enjoy a slower pace of life.
- ” Visit Sweden has also identified a shift towards all things nature and natural, which includes plant-based dining and sustainable architecture.
- Visit Sweden’s latest trend report picks out the need for guidance and support to meet the demand for packaged and safe adventures in nature.