Sumary of From ‘contactless’ chalet staff to pre-stocked kitchens – what skiers can expect from the French slopes this winter:
- My taster of what the new-normal of traditional chalet holidays will be like begins when I arrive at Geneva Airport where I’m picked up by our driver Renaud from MV Transport.
- He whisks us across the border to the beautifully crisp and mesmerising Meribel found in the heart of the 3 Valleys in the French Alps – the world’s largest ski area.
- Of course, when Covid-19 emerged, meaning people favour ‘contact-free’, they fully rolled with the concept.
- The price difference between the two options is around 10/15%, with a week’s stay at our Premium chalet costing from £8,929 for up to 14 people sharing on a Contactless Catered basis.
- After a firm but fair taster lesson – practising emergency brakes and keeping very straight legs – we head off into the dreamy Meribel Valley.
- E-skateboarding around Lac de Tueda (Hannah Millington, PA)My dip into e-transport and “lesser known activities” isn’t over quite yet, as next we head for e-skateboarding escapades at Lac de Tueda, a beautiful circular lake surrounded by pine trees.