Sumary of ‘Headphones make food taste better!’: 10 readers’ tips for a better holiday:
- They allow me to be entertained by music, podcasts or audiobooks when turbulence, bumpy tracks or heavy swell make reading impossible.
- Photograph: Sergey Nivens/AlamyMy top tip is to download an app like maps.
- AnnaProfileReaders’ tips: send a tip for a chance to win a £200 voucher for a Sawday’s stayShow Guardian Travel readers’ tipsEvery week we ask our readers for recommendations from their travels.
- To enter the latest competition visit the readers’ tips homepage-Was this helpful?
- Valerie SealSeek out the best ice-cream beforehandAlways find out where the best ice-cream in town is … Photograph: Cavan Images/GettyI always plan ahead, research the area and write a list of useful things in my travelling notepad such as directions, tips, places to see and do or the place to try wonderful ice-cream or cake.
- JanTravel in easygoing styleLet the changing landscape slide by your window (Lake Geneva pictured).