Sumary of My Alpine trail running adventure holiday in Switzerland:
- ” I was hurrying along a slope below Mont Fort in Verbier to keep pace with Emily Vaudan, a trail running guide for new activity company Bee Heidi, and I kept stopping, trying to run but distracted by the views.
- “Trail running is about finding your natural balance and running instinctively – this is different to what you are used to.
- ” And Emily should know: one of the best in the world, last September she competed in a heart-thumping 360km ultra trail marathon across the Swiss canton of Valais.
- Free-ride skiing bosses winter, while come summer the surrounding Val de Bagnes offers some of the Alps’ trickiest downhill mountain-biking routes.
- The latest compelling argument to visit, however, is trail running.
- And now that Switzerland has moved on to the green travel list, Verbier could be the perfect upgrade from the hills nearest your home (while you can trail run all year, for regular joes the season ends in late October or when the snow begins to fall).