Sumary of 10 great UK boat trips, chosen by readers:
- You can paddle part or all of the trail, with plenty of hire and guided options available from this helpful trail website.Ali O’HoraLundy life, from north DevonA young grey seal off Lundy.
- Photograph: Nature Picture Library/AlamySailing from north Devon to Lundy is (nearly) always a lovely trip.
- You pass along the north Devon coast before heading out the 20-odd miles to the small rocky island.
- Thank you for your feedback.So good we didn’t get off, MullLismore Lighthouse, seen from the ferry between Oban and Mull.
- Photograph: Richard Burdon/AlamyWe took a drive to Oban for the day with our two young daughters on a day when the weather wasn’t great.
- When we arrived there was a CalMac ferry about to leave for Mull and the kids wanted to go, so we bought return tickets.
- We didn’t get off the ferry in Mull: the boat trip alone was fantastic, and the kids saw dolphins.
- The skipper on the ferry laughed at us for not getting off, but it was a perfect way to spend the day in our UK weather.