Sumary of 10 of the UK’s best beach cafes and bars, chosen by readers:
- In Saint Abbs the Ebbcarrs Cafe serves hearty portions of the daily catch – langoustines, lobster, dressed crab and steaming bowls of Cullen skink – to weary walkers..
- In fact, the food was so good that we stopped in again on the way back.Christopher Watson Repurposed cliff lift, Broadstairs, Kent The Funicular Coffeehouse is literally on the beach at Broadstairs..
- We are back to Broadstairs again in a few weeks and hoping for some sunshine so we can sit there again and watch the waves.Alison Profile Readers’ tips:.
- Smallsticks is just off the coast path if you take a right by the RNLI Lifeboat, and has a distinct teashop vibe, with friendly staff and wonderful Norfolk accents..
- I’m always amenable to a National Trust cheese scone and here I can enjoy one in the cafe garden, sea scents mingling with those of cake and coffee, while boat watching and appreciating the views across the harbour to Sandbanks and Shell Bay..
- Caitlin Butties by the beach, North Yorkshire For the perfect view of the Yorkshire coast, the Beach Cafe at Hunmanby Gap, south of Filey, is hard to beat..
- David Cowling North Sea views, County Durham Surfside in Seaton Carew is a brilliant fish-and-chip cafe that also does afternoon tea with homemade cakes, and a wedge of bread to go with your cod and chips, all on traditional tiered plates..
- Loads of other choices, including coffees and cakes, about 20 metres from the North Sea with a view to Hartlepool harbour and historic headland as well as Teesbay round to the North York Moors….