Sumary of 10 UK campsites with half-term availability:
- Wildflowers and grass are left to grow to encourage bees and butterflies, interspersed with mown spots for camping (there is space for up to 15 tents and four campervans)..
- Beccles has a heated lido, which is also the starting point for the Big Dog Ferry, a three-mile boat trip along the River Waveney to the Locks Inn community pub..
- From £17 a night for two adults, hostunusual.com Grange Pony Trekking Centre, Monmouthshire Walkers on the Cambrian Way..
- A horse riding centre in the Brecon Beacons also has a 20-pitch camping field with a tree-lined stream along one side, surrounded by mountains..
- From £16 a night for two adults, pitchup.com, or grangetrekking-wales.co.uk The Old Airfield, Hampshire These 30 acres of heathland near Burley in the New Forest were once an RAF airbase..
- Cyclists can head north to Burley, about four miles away, or south to the beaches at Highcliffe and Mudeford, and there are lots of local walking trails..
- From £16 for a tent pitch plus £8 per adult, coolcamping.com, ornewforestcampsite.com Hawarden Farm Shop Campsite, Flintshire The people behind the Good Life Experience, a music and nature festival, have set up a campsite at the same venue for 2021..
- The 6.5-acre site will have a maximum of 20 tents (bell tents and regular) and is on the Hawarden Estate in Flintshire, a few hundred metres from the 13th-century Old Castle and 18th-century “new”…