Sumary of 8 Best Places To Visit Near Wayanad, Hidden In The Ghats Of Kerala:
- 1. Thusharagiri Waterfalls Kozhikode – Listen to the Whistling Woods Image Source Distance from Wayanad: 49.4 kmTime taken: 1.5 h Walk into the mystic environs of Kozhikode in the Western Ghats where Chalippuzha river separates into gushing torrents to become Thusharagiri Waterfalls.
- Earattumukku, Thanni Muthassi, and Mazhavil Chattam Falls lie in the 500 m range soon as you enter the forest area.
- Further, into the woods, there are a few more waterfalls and rich biodiversity around.
- The nearest town to Thusharagiri is Kodenchery at a distance of 11 km, which can also be reached by bus from Wayanad.
- With Wayanad to its south and Kodagu district to its north, Brahmagiri hills act as the border between Kerala and Karnataka.
- One must seek permission from the Thirunelli Forest Range Officer before starting the trek.