Sumary of Airlines ban alcohol after flight attendant repeatedly punched by passenger:
- Two airlines in the US have pledged to ban the sale of alcohol on flights after a member of cabin crew was repeatedly punched in the face by a passenger..
- Southwest and American Airlines have both announced that alcoholic drinks will no longer be offered onboard in response to a spate of recent incidents involving unruly travellers..
- “the passenger involved in the most recent incident has been advised that she may no longer fly on Southwest Airlines.”.
- “Law enforcement officials were requested to meet the flight upon arrival, and the passenger was taken into custody..
- Further details of the unnamed crew member injuries were shared by a flight attendants’ union, which penned a letter to the airline CEO following the attack..
- “This past weekend, one of our flight attendants was seriously assaulted, resulting in injuries to the face and a loss of two teeth,”.
- She shared that 477 passenger misconduct incidents had been reported between 8 April and 15 May on Southwest flights..
- “This unprecedented number of incidents has reached an intolerable level, with passenger non-compliance events also becoming more aggressive in nature,”…