Sumary of Beat the heat! 40 ace ice lollies to make now – from honey parfait to piña colada:
- Mostly, whether you go to town with the freeze-ins, the ombrés and the post-freezer coatings, it is heatwave relief on a stick.
- Photograph: Romas Foord/The ObserverAnna Jones’s pastel-hued mini milks are a good place to start, combining milk (plant-based or cow’s) with vanilla, strawberry or mango and a sweetener.
- Coconut milk goes well with strawberries and hazelnut milk with yoghurt, honey and bananas.
- Alternatively, there’s the Let’s Eat Cake lolly version of Momofuku’s genius cereal milk ice-cream: you make a giant bowl of your kid’s favourite breakfast (four cups of cereal to three cups of milk), which you refrigerate for several hours, then strain and use to make a custard.
- FruityPureed fruit (peach, raspberry, banana) or fresh juice (watermelon, grapefruit) both work on their own, sweetened or gussied up with added bits.
- Mark Grossman simply dips frozen banana halves in melted, buttery chocolate then adds sprinkles to freeze.