Sumary of British Airways pilots at new budget Gatwick operation to be paid less than easyJet’s:
- Pilots at British Airways’ new low-cost, short-haul arm at Gatwick are set to be paid less than their equivalents at easyJet, according to The Telegraph.
- Two weeks ago it was reported that BA is planning to press ahead with an low-cost competitor at Gatwick by launching a budget subsidiary that will operate as a distinct short-haul brand.
- The plan is to model Gatwick’s BA operation on the working practices of low-cost airlines such as easyJet, Ryanair and Wizz Air, in a bid to drastically cut costs and make the Sussex airport profitable.
- “British Airways is continuing to lose money at Gatwick, and has done for over 30 years,” said the spokesman.
- This is about creating a sustainable platform from which to rebuild BA’s London Gatwick operation.
- If this isn’t achieved, BA will not serve the London Gatwick short-haul market.