Sumary of British Airways sees increase in demand following quarantine loosening:
- British Airways is preparing to welcome an increased number of holidaymakers back to the skies from July 19th in time for the start of the school summer holidays.
- Within a couple of hours of a statement from government around the elimination of quarantine for Britons who are double vaccinated yesterday, the airline had seen a 96 per cent increase in the number of views on its website as compared to the same day last week.
- As it stands, British Airways flies to more amber and green list countries than any other UK airline, 43 in total.
- To coincide with the announcement, British Airways has agreed further reassurance measures which mean customers travelling until September to a country which is added to the red list from amber while they are at their destination will be able to change their flight without any change to the cost of their flight, subject to availability.
- Despite the relaxation of the mask rules, the government has also recommended the wearing of masks in busy public areas and British Airways asks its customers to remain mindful of the rules around mask wearing in airports at a destination.