Sumary of Britons reveal the top 25 things they love about winter in the UK, from crisp walks to roaring fires:
- The anticipation of Christmas earned the silver medal at 48 per cent, and there was a tie for third place, with ‘a roaring fire in a country pub’ and ‘watching a film while it’s raining outside’ both claiming 42 per cent of the vote.
- Other gastronomic hits include stews and pies (joint 7th, 30 per cent), pub lunches (joint 14th, 20 per cent), and homemade chicken soup (joint 14th, 20 per cent).
- ‘A roaring fire in a country pub’ came joint third in the ranking of things that Britons love about wintertime ‘Watching a film while it’s raining outside’ also came third in the poll, which surveyed 1,500 BritonsThe survey, which was commissioned by Southern Sheeting and polled 1,500 people, pinpointed other outdoor activity hits, too.
- Watching ‘wintery movies’ claimed 30 per cent of the vote (joint 7th), lighting candles earned 28 per cent (8th) and ‘staying in all weekend and not feeling guilty’ swayed 27 per cent of voters (joint 9th).
- The study also found that 48 per cent of Brits admitted they genuinely enjoy ‘winter-proofing’ their homes every year, by getting their boiler serviced, having their roof checked and getting their gardens ready for bad weather.