Sumary of Brittany Ferries to welcome two new LNG-electric ships:
- Two new hybrid LNG-electric ships are coming to the Brittany Ferries fleet.
- The ships will be chartered from Stena RoRo on a ten-year agreement, with a purchase option after four.
- They will take the place of Normandie and Bretagne, two grandes dames of the fleet.
- Designed to better serve freight and passenger traffic, they promise more scope to carry tourists to Normandy and Brittany outside of peak holiday periods.
- The move is all part of Brittany Ferries’ fleet renewal plan, one of the pillars of its five-year post-Covid-19 recovery strategy.
- it is an imperative to secure our future,” said Christophe Mathieu, chief executive of Brittany Ferries.