Sumary of CDC, State Department, issue highest warnings against travel to UK over rise in COVID cases:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. State Department on Monday issued their highest warnings against travel to the United Kingdom due to a rise in COVID-19 cases.
- They each raised their travel advisories to “level 4,” telling Americans they should avoid travel there.
- “The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for the United Kingdom due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country,” the State Department said in its advisory.
- UK OPTS NOT TO VACCINATE MOST UNDER-18S AGAINST COVID-19 People walk in Oxford Circus, in London, Monday, July 19, 2021. As of Monday, face masks are no longer legally required in England, and with social distancing rules shelved, there are no limits on the number of people attending theater performances or big events.
- (AP Photo/Alberto Pezzali) “There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into the United Kingdom.