Sumary of Covid data expert Tim White to host an ‘ask me anything’ live ahead of the next travel announcement:
- The government’s next update to the traffic light travel restrictions is likely to take place on Thursday (16 September).
- And the most recent government briefings indicate that the current system restricting travel to the UK is likely to be dismantled soon.
- Appearing on the red list is effectively a travel ban, with arrivals from those countries required to go into 11 nights of hotel quarantine once in the UK – at a cost, for a solo traveller, of £2,285.So which countries might leave the club – and which nations should join?
- Tim White, the Covid data analyst who tweets as @TWMCLtd, has trawled through the genomic sequencing records held by Gisaid, the worldwide database, with a focus on variants of concern.
- He will be on hand to answer all your latest travel questions around the upcoming announcement and what might happen to the traffic light system in coming weeks during a live ‘ask me anything’ event being held on this page today (14 September).