Sumary of Enjoy wine, apples and pumpkins: Top harvest festival days out for food lovers:
- The last days of summer are often the most glorious, with warm rays bathing landscapes in a golden light.
- Since pagan times, people have been reaping the rewards of their agricultural efforts and celebrating food with harvest festivals.
- Kent is famous for being the garden of grapes, and the harvest season is an exciting time to visit its vineyards.
- All arrivals will be greeted by a harvest dragon and there’s a chance to take part in a best dressed scarecrow competition.
- A history of harvests(Lost Gardens Of Heligan/PA)The tradition of harvest festivals has its roots in ancient civilisations.
- This year, Cornwall’s Lost Gardens Of Heligan will host the Heligan Harvest festival celebrating Past, Present and Future.