Sumary of Exclusive for Mail on Sunday readers: Discover Corfu – the real star of TV’s The Durrells :
- With series two of The Durrells now available on Netflix, you can revisit the charming story of Gerald Durrell’s family and their four years in Corfu.
- She also advised production on the ITV comedy-drama The Durrells – an adaptation of her late husband’s books about his childhood years in Corfu.
- As well as retracing Gerald’s footsteps, Lee will give two exclusive talks reflecting on his legacy and his lifelong love of Corfu.Visit the Durrells’ favourite places: Anyone who enjoyed reading My Family And Other Animals as a child will have dreamt of spending an afternoon on Pontikonisi, or Mouse Island.
- Poet and author Lawrence Durrell lived here with his wife Nancy in the White House, an elegant villa on a tranquil beach where the couple loved to swim.You will also see the location of the original Strawberry-Pink Villa and the Durrells’ picnicking spot, Lake Antiniotissa.
- Gerald christened it Lake of Lilies after the dainty sand lilies that flower there every spring.Your four-star hotel: You will be staying at the stylish Divani Corfu Palace, a four-star hotel with superb sea views, situated on a peninsula overlooking the lagoon.Your guided tour of Corfu Town’s cobbled streets will take in elegant Spianada Square and the 16th Century St Spyridon Church.