Sumary of Families facing four hour waiting times in airports as you arrive back in UK:
- Travel experts had previously warned of possible long queues and waiting times at airports during the summer holidays, but this is the first time the Government has confirmed it could happen..
- Last month, the Border Force union warned that holidaymakers arriving at UK airports could face queues of up to 10 hours..
- The ISU, the union for borders, immigration and customs workers, also predicted long queues at the British border due to increased coronavirus checks..
- International flights to return from mid-July [ANALYSIS] “There no way around the delays at the border because Border Force officers will have to check the Covid status of all arrivals and that takes around 15 minutes per person..
- However, travel industry bosses have called for more clarity on when more destinations will be added to the green list amid criticisms the Government has been too cautious in unlocking international travel..
- “The decision to put so few European countries into the green tier is simply not justified by the data or the science and is inconsistent with the approach to reopen the domestic economy..
- “So we call on the Government to provide transparency on decision-making and clarity on when we can expect other European countries to join the green list so that consumers and airlines alike can plan for this summer.”.
- Additionally, Airlines UK, an industry body that represents British flight carriers, urged Mr Johnson and his Government to make “major additions”…