Sumary of Flybe returns 20 months after airline collapse – but no routes announced:
- On 5 March 2020, what was then the UK’s biggest regional airline shut down overnight, leaving travellers stranded and more than 2,000 staff out of work.
- ”Andy Street, the West Midlands mayor, said: “It really is such brilliant news that Flybe is coming back as a commercial airline, and even better that it has chosen Birmingham to house its new headquarters.
- The airline will use Dash 8-400 propellor aircraft, the main type used by its predecessor, and the same logo.
- The UK airline schedule analyst, Sean Moulton, said: “All the profitable routes have been taken.
- All they’ll do is face competition and face a fight against airlines who have operated over the last two years.
- “It won’t work for them, and could cause more harm than good in terms of regional connectivity if it brings down yield and does not increase passenger numbers.