Sumary of Gazpacho, mackerel and salsa verde: Roberta Hall-McCarron’s light summer meals – recipes:
- Mackerel, salsa verde and peachesPrep 5 minCook 15 minServes 23 tsp dijon mustard2 tbsp sherry vinegar50g bunch tarragon50g bunch basil50g bunch mint50g bunch parsley40g small capers4 anchovy fillets in oil, drained1 garlic clove, peeled200ml rapeseed oil, plus a little extra to coat the fishSalt and pepper30g flaked almonds2 mackerel, filleted2 ripe peachesFirst make the salsa verde.
- Rub a little oil over both sides of the mackerel fillets, season generously, then grill for two minutes on each side (alternatively, wrap them individually in foil and barbecue for two minutes a side).While the fish is cooking, halve and stone the peaches, then cut each half lengthways into three wedges.
- Lightly salt the peaches and dry fry (or barbecue) for a minute or so, until coloured on all sides.Place two mackerel fillets on each plate, then randomly arrange the peaches over and around them.
- UK readers: click to buy these ingredients from OcadoCucumber gazpachoPrep 5 minCook 15 minInfuse 3-4 hr+Serves 42 cucumbers2 green peppers100g sourdough bread60g bunch fresh mint, picked and roughly chopped80ml sherry vinegar100ml good olive oil, plus extra to finish½ garlic clove, finely minced200g peas in the pod400g broad beans in the pod50g radishes40g seedless black grapes80g creme fraicheCut the cucumbers, peppers and bread into roughly 3cm cubes, then put in a bowl with the chopped mint.
- Once cool enough to handle, peel off and discard the outer skins of both the beans and peas (this isn’t strictly necessary, but they’ll look much greener and prettier if you do so).Thinly slice the radishes and the grapes.
- Put the peas, beans and radishes in a small bowl, drizzle over a little olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper, and toss to combine.