Sumary of Government launches Balearic Islands safety campaign:
- The British consulates in Palma and Ibiza, together with the Balearic government, have launched a joint tourism campaign.
- The scheme encourages young British holidaymakers to “Stick with your Mates” and have a holiday to remember, rather than one to forget.
- The campaign is part of a drive to advise British tourists that travel will be different this year and encourage them to make sure they are taking all the necessary measures to prepare for their holiday.
- British tourists should check Foreign, Commonwealth &
- Sadly, in recent years there have been a number of tragic accidents involving young British tourists visiting the Balearic Islands – many involving falls.
- ADVERTISEMENT In response, the campaign began in 2019 – giving young people tips and advice about how to look after each other and help avoid accidents and injuries on holiday.
- The campaign will feature short videos and digital images that will be targeted at young people visiting the islands through Instagram and Facebook.