Sumary of Government unveils £10m tourism voucher scheme:
- A new rail pass and vouchers for popular tourist attractions are at the heart of a plan to return domestic tourism to pre-pandemic levels by 2022 and international tourism by 2023..
- A £10 million voucher scheme will be launched by the National Lottery this autumn to encourage trips beyond the peak summer season..
- The new pass will build on the success of the BritRail pass, which is sold through VisitBritain and currently gives international visitors flexible travel across the country, as well as providing discounted entry to tourism attractions..
- The government will explore how tourism data collected at the border can support the sector and we will look to create a tourism data hub to give the sector access to robust, accessible and timely data..
- The government will develop a Sustainable Tourism Plan later this year to put the UK at the forefront of the global discussion on sustainable travel..
- This will look at further measures to reduce the impact of tourism on the environment while balancing the needs of local communities with the economic benefits generated by tourism..
- “Our brilliant tourism sector is one of our country greatest assets, making a huge contribution to our economy and delivering jobs across all communities..
- “The Tourism Recovery Plan is our blueprint for how the sector can build back better from the pandemic, even faster than forecasts predict….