Sumary of ‘Green should be green’ – easyJet boss demands end to restrictions to low-risk countries:
- The boss of easyJet has demanded an end to travel restrictions from low-risk countries.
- You should be able to travel to and from low-risk destinations that have significantly less cases of infection, where there are no variants of concern.
- ”Julia Lo Bue-Said, chief executive of the Advantage Travel Partnership, backed the easyJet chief’s view.
- She told The Independent: “The traffic light framework is broken, made unnecessarily complex, unsustainable, restrictive and unfair for the British consumer and the travel industry.
- ”The transport secretary, Grant Shapps, said in the second Global Travel Taskforce report: “This country is already a leader in establishing a framework for sustained safe international travel, and we will continue to work with other governments to realise this goal.
- “This isn’t too surprising given the lack of travel over the last 18 months, however, it will all depend on the ‘travel corridors’.