Sumary of Heathrow showcases sustainable aviation fuel:
- Working alongside Vitol Aviation and Neste MY Sustainable Aviation Fuel, the fuel will be incorporated into the main fuel supply today, and blended to use across flights operating at Heathrow over the next few days..
- While the fuel supply may be comparatively small – equivalent to fuelling five-to-ten short haul flights – this commercial delivery will establish proof of concept at the largest airport in the UK..
- Achieving this milestone is a critical first step in demonstrating to government that the technology will work in reducing carbon from aviation so long as the correct policy framework to incentivise take up at scale is achieved..
- “We are delighted that Heathrow is the first UK major airport to successfully incorporate sustainable aviation fuels into its operation..
- “As we get ready to welcome the world to the G7, we can demonstrate how this technology can significantly cut carbon from aviation, whilst protecting its benefits…