Sumary of Hounds on holiday: the UK’s best dog-friendly places to stay:
- There are dog bowls dotted everywhere, handy after thirsty walks – and plenty of dog-friendly pubs and beaches close by.
- comBoutique Farm Bothies, AberdeenshireThis trio of tin bothies sit on a farm looking out over barley fields with surrounding rolling hills providing plenty of hiking options.
- Near the coastal path, there’s plenty of opportunity for incredible walks by day – and nights under the stars.
- Dine with your pets in the elegant blue lounge or on the outside terrace – with the hotel’s canine sausages winning rave reviews.
- Doggy guests get their own towels, bowls, and a sausage for breakfast.
- Last month it launched an Ulti-Mutt Staycation, which includes in-room food from Lily’s Kitchen and an hour’s dog walking – just long enough for a quick trip to Liberty – plus advice and help from its new Canine Concierge service.